Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Getting Back on Track

Okay - it's been FAR too long since my last post which also means it's been FAR too long since I've been making healthy decisions for myself. My workouts have been non-existent and my meal planning has been sub-par. However, I am happy to share that I haven't seen any major gains back on the scale - so something is working (maybe just a little). 

I have had some health concerns that have been a main priority along with lots of school work and activities. I know that it's not excuse because I have time to put towards my healthy lifestyle, but my priorities have been shifting. I am hoping to get back on track next week. I have a rough meal plan scribbled in my notebook along with a grocery list, always a good place to start. 

If you're finding yourself without motivation, be sure to check out some of my previous posts. I am not seeing this short break as a failure, because I have still been somewhat conscious about my food decisions. For example: I am still trying to drink 100 ounces of water per day. In case you need some quick ways to get back on track - here are some: 


Finally, I want to share with all of you the book I just started reading. In a bout of insomnia, I started reading "Intuitive Eating." Find it on Amazon here. (Photo below) I don't think I'll have much free time to read in the next few weeks, so bear with me while I learn more about this process. So far I have identified that I am usually an "Unconscious Eater." This basically means that I do not pay much attention to when/why/how much I'm eating - I just do it. Intuitive Eating is all about listening to your body and it's hunger cues. I've included some screenshots of the book about my personal eating style and some charts from Pinterest showing the hunger spectrum. Enjoy!





Hunger Scales - Listen to your body!
(I think the first step to Intuitive Eating)






No comments:

Post a Comment