Monday, February 16, 2015

The Importance of Meal Planning

Hey Everyone! It's been a few days and I have a lot to catch you up on! First and foremost - I did not get to use any of my Thirsty Thursday tips because I did not get to go to Indy this weekend due to illness/food poisoning - not sure which. Mom, Deidre and I all got sick on Friday so we are blaming Chipotle, which is really unfortunate because it was tasty and Chipotle is a pretty health-conscious restuaurant choice. Since I was sick, my workouts also suffered a bit.
Thursday - 10 Minute Ab Fix in the AM
Friday - none
Saturday - none
Sunday - Yoga Fix in the AM

My containers also were pushed to the wayside for a few days so I could eat some things that typically soothe me when feeling ill (crackers, soups, gatorade, etc.) But I am happy to report that I weighed myself this morning and I did see a lower number, however I doubt it was due to my eating and exercising habits. Sorry if that's TMI. 

You're probably curious about the title of this post... Over the last 24 hours, I've discovered how important it is to meal plan. Since I had been sick, I was not interested in making a meal plan or grocery list which meant that I ate whatever was available yesterday and today. Granted, I'm trying to watch portions and do the best I can - it's difficult to stick to the container meal plan when there aren't items in the fridge or pantry that are allowed in said containers. I wrote some items down on mom's grocery list, so I'm hoping she gets to the grocery soon. My schedule just doesn't allow for a trip to the grocery this week, which is a big NO-NO! By taking a few hours on Sunday (or whatever day works for you), you can severely decrease the amount of time you spend in the kitchen later in the week because 

1. you know what you're going to eat on which day (no standing in front of the fridge opening and closing the door)
2. you save time by prepping some meals ahead of time (this is especially helpful for breakfast or meals that need to be "on the go")

I am praying that my progress doesn't disappear because my lack of planning this week. I hope to continue working out each day as scheduled granted I make time to with my crazy school and work schedule this week. Those motivation texts and pictures would be helpful this week!

One last thing I want to share tonight - I found an article with 44 Small Changes that can greatly impact your health. I am going to pose this as a challenge for all my followers. We're in the 7th full week of 2015, that means there are 45 weeks left until 2016. How about trying one of these tips EACH week, ONE at a time and see what differences it makes in your life? Not all of them are 21-Day Fix approved, but they are FREE and EASY changes you can make on your own. You can rearrange the list if you want to make it more applicable to your lifestyle - but seriously, try one a week and keep track of your progress. You might be surprised by what happens to your body, mind and well-being!

Here are some examples: 

  • Eat real food (What do you mean I'm not already eating real food?? haha)
  • Never skip breakfast (say whaaa?)
  • Eat at a table (how easy is this?!)
  • Infused water (I've told you this before!)
  • Buy new workout clothes (It'll boost your confidence in the gym!)
  • Do not eat 2 hours before bed (I'm going to try this soon!)
  • Drink green tea (I've told you this too! - See EASY)
  • Use coconut oil (Already bought some!)
  • DON'T GIVE UP!


No comments:

Post a Comment