Wednesday, February 11, 2015

H20

Trying to increase your water intake as well? Here is a helpful list of ways to start doing that! Courtesy of my favorite cousin, Jenny!

Tips to Increase Water Intake

1. Add some citrus! It's easy to add fresh fruit to your water. If you're using flavoring, be aware of the calories and sugar content! These are my current faves: 



2. Carry a reusable water bottle! This way there is no excuse to not drink, you'll always have a vessel! (I need to try this one)

3. Drink sparkling water. Again, be aware of added or artificial sweeteners. (Like I mentioned in a previous post)

4. Spice up your food. Having spicy food will make your body want more water. Pretty easy, right?

5. Change up the temperature. Perhaps have some hot water with lemon with breakfast and drink cold water after workouts? Find what works best for you!

6. Work-Out. Your body needs to re-hydrate so you should become thirsty!

7. Use a Tracker App. iPhone = Waterlogged. Android = Carbodroid (I just downloaded it!)

8. Use a Straw. Changing up the way you drink might make it easier for you to get those required ounces!


Yesterday I was able to consume 90 ounces of water! It was the first day I tracked, but I really tried to get to that goal of 110 ounces. It is really hard to do when you have classes and meetings all afternoon and night because you don't want to keep excusing yourself - but hey, you gotta do what's best for you! I didn't track as well today, but I'm hoping my new app on my phone will keep me on track! 

I came across an interesting article on Facebook regarding eating disorders and healthy eating. While anorexia, bulemia and binge-eating disorder are surrounded by the amount of food ingested, "orthorexia" is characterized by being overly concerned with how the food has been grown and processed. I'm not going to summarize the whole article, if you're interested you can take a look here; I just thought it was an interesting idea. Even with healthy eating habits, we're still disordered somehow, aren't we?? 








No comments:

Post a Comment