Monday, February 9, 2015

Progress Note

Well, I promised a progress post - so here it is! (No pictures, because I'm not feeling THAT good. Haha)

Weight (according to scales at home)
Monday, January 19 
219.6

Monday, January 26
214.6

Monday, February 2
211.8

Monday, February 9
211.8

I was hoping to lose 15 pounds during my fix since that is what the infomercials advertise, but I am still happy to see almost 10 pounds gone! There were some days that I came in under 210 which really excited me, but like I've said before my weight fluctuates a lot throughout the day. I also know that weighing myself isn't the best way to measure progress either. I am hoping to invest in a nicer set of scales that perhaps are more accurate. 

The 21 Day Fix book also requires you to take measurements (in inches). Those are for chest, waist, hips, left/right arm and left/right thigh. I do not have these measurements handy right now, but from Day 1 to today (Day 22), I did not see much change. The only noticeable change (inches wise) was my chest, waist and hips and it was only about an inch for each one. It would probably have been helpful to have mom help me out with these because they could be inaccurate due to measurement error on my end. BUT I am finding it easier to button some of my jeans/pants which is definitely a good thing! I still need to try on my bridesmaid dress to see if I can feel any differences in that. 

Even though my "fix" is over, I am still trying to maintain healthy eating habits by staying within my container limits. I am also still wanting to workout daily because I honestly do feel better. I feel happier, more confident, etc. I am also seeing progress in my workouts. I am not having to do the modified exercises as often, I purchased heavier weights and I feel more flexible. 

I am hoping that these changes will also reflect in my upcoming blood test scheduled for next week. I'm not concerned and my doctor isn't concerned, but this will be my third blood test this year. We're monitoring some high platelet counts and she recommended I increase my fluid intake, which I am always trying to do anyway. 

Anyway, that's all I have for now. I prepared a great breakfast this morning and packed a full lunchbox to keep me satisfied all day. Here's my container breakdown:

Breakfast
4 slices turkey bacon (1 red)
2 over easy eggs (1 red)
1/2 WG English muffin (1 yellow)
2 kiwi (1 purple)
green tea

Lunch
Taco Turkey Meat (1 red)
Black beans (1 yellow)
WG tortilla (1 yellow)
Lettuce (1 green)
Cheddar cheese (1/2 blue)
Greek yogurt, salsa (spoonfuls)
water

Supper
Carrots (1 green)
Celery (1 green)
PB (5 tsp)
Yogurt (1 red)
1/2 Banana (1 purple)
10 pistachios (1/2 blue)
Sunflower seeds (1 orange)(New addition to use my orange container since I haven't been using much dressing)
water

Post Workout
Apple (1 purple) with cinnamon
green tea

Today's Workouts
Full Body Cardio (AM)
Pilates Fix (PM - planned for after class and before my DVRed Bachelor)

I am hoping to have doubles workouts on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays/Saturdays. 

As always, thanks everyone and here's some motivation! :) Have a good rest of your Monday!






No comments:

Post a Comment