Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Day 10

Nothing too exciting happening today, except I'm spending all night in the kitchen! 

First - homemade marinara sauce so my tomato sauce doesn't count as a fruit serving. A lot of pre-made sauces are packed with sugar and salt - big NO NO, so I decided to make my own. Although I mis-purchased some items, I am hopeful that it will turn out. You can find the recipe here. 

Second - something to put that homemade sauce on. Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups. Another 21 Day Fix find on Pinterest, the recipe is here. Mom found WG Lasagna at Kroger, so I didn't have to look for an alternative "pasta." We'll be having these roll-ups with our cooked mixed veggie recipe from Sunday. The roll-ups will be 1 yellow, 1 red, 2 green and 1 blue - a very well-rounded, colorful container meal! 

Third - I'm going to prepare some steel cut oats tonight for breakfast tomorrow because I have to be at work a little bit earlier than normal. 

I'm writing this post as my sauce simmers, but I won't be posting it until I can share a photo of my creation. Either way, you'll see the final product! 

As for breakfast and lunch today, I've been under my container limit. My appetite isn't as large as it has been in the past. I'm not sure if that's because I don't want to eat what I have planned or if I'm just not hungry. 

Breakfast:
2 slices turkey bacon + 1 egg (1 red)
1/2 of a WG English muffin (1 yellow)
2 medium kiwi (1 fruit)
green tea



Lunch:
1 WG tortilla (1 yellow)
4 slices low-sodium Turkey slices (1 red) 

Supper:
Spinach Roll-Ups (1 red, 1 yellow, 2 green, 1 blue)
Mixed Veggies (1 green)
Homemade Garlic Bread (1 yellow)



Post-Workout Snack:
Banana Parfait (1 red, 1 purple, 3 tsp- 2 honey, 1 PB)
Green tea (2 tsp honey)

Tonight's Workout: Lower Fix

The Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups were great! Mom said they could have used some meat (typical Carol) but I thought they were delicious. A serving was 2 roll-ups, but I ended up only eating one. I have got lots of leftovers because I made an extra serving! Currently cooking a turkey burger so I'll have another "leftover" for the next two busy days. I have spent over 2 hours in the kitchen tonight - it's safe to say cooking and meal-planning is my new hobby! I am planning on doing my workout around 8:30 so I have the rest of the night to work on homework for tomorrow.

That's all for now, but not without some motivational inspiration! 







No comments:

Post a Comment