Friday, January 30, 2015

Day 12

Meals:

Breakfast
2 Turkey bacon slices + 1 fried egg (1 red)
Mixed Fruit (1 purple)
Cooked steel cut oatmeal (1 yellow)
green tea



Lunch
1 Lasagna roll up (same as yesterday)
Carrots (1 green)

Supper 
Homemade Vegetable Soup (21 Day Fix book says use the green container and count as 1 yellow and 1 green)
Open-face Almond Butter bread (1 yellow, 4 tsp)
Celery (1 green)
Banana Parfait (1 red, 1 purple)



Post Workout
Apple (1 purple)
green tea

I was excited to try some new things today! Mom made vegetable soup earlier this week and really tried to make it 21 Day Fix approved. I figured it was still healthier than restaurant prepared soup so I'm not concerned. I ate the suggested serving size, I think I'm good. I also found some new goodies at Target. I wanted to try Almond Butter but didn't want to commit to a whole jar - thankfully Target always provides! I am not a huge fan of the Almond Butter - I'll stick to my JIF All-Natural Peanut Butter. I also found some unsweetened water flavor (I also checked the ingredient list - no sugar or substitutes listed!). We also were out of honey so we bought an organic agave variety this time. There wasn't an ingredient list on the back... that's a good thing, right?? 


I was also pleasantly surprised to find my Shakeology Variety pack on the table when I got home from work. I didn't think they were going to be here until tomorrow! I am excited to try these and see if I like protein shakes. I am a little upset that I spent $20 + tax and shipping on these little itty bitty packs, but at least I'll know if it's worth the investment if I end up liking or not liking them. My friend Tori helped me compare the labels for Shakeology and the protein powder she uses, so I might use an alternative brand due to cost. Despite the price... look how cute they are! 


Before I get to my motivation for today, I wanted to share yet another reason why eating healthy and exercising can benefit everyone. I am a member of the American Counseling Association and follow their page on Facebook. Today they shared an article discussing the positive effect healthy eating and exercising can have on MENTAL HEALTH. What?! I didn't read the entire article, but if you want to, you can find it here.

Lastly I want to share motivation that people shared with me today! It's such a great feeling knowing that so many people are following my journey and supporting me!



Cheers to the weekend everyone! 



How I felt today after my Pilates workout! Who knew you had side booty muscles?!?!


Who is ready to make a change?

No comments:

Post a Comment