Monday, January 26, 2015

Day 8

Posting a little early today since I have the time to while on campus in between classes. I have decided to continue the evening workouts, so I will have to complete tonight's Total Body Cardio once I get home from Psychopathology. Class is scheduled to last until 9:10pm, factor in a 55 minute commute and I don't get home until after 10:00pm. I didn't want to miss posting today, so here I am.

No pictures of my meals today - sorry! But I do want to tell you about a new recipe I tried!

Breakfast
2 slices turkey bacon (1/2 red)
1 over-easy egg (1/2 red)
1 slice WG toast (1 yellow)
mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries) (1 purple)
green tea

Lunch
1 serving Greek yogurt (1 red)
1/2 banana (1 purple)
1 tsp honey
2 tsp natural peanut butter
cinnamon 
**I let it sit in my lunch box for a few hours to somewhat create a parfait. I only ate half of it since I was full, so I'll treat myself to the sweetness as a semi-dessert after supper.
10 baby carrots (1 green)

Supper
Chicken salad on Wheat Thins 
24 wheat thins (3 yellow)
celery, onion (1 green)
1 hard boiled egg (1/2 red)
1 container of low-sodium canned chicken (1 red)
1/2 serving of Greek yogurt (1/2 red)
**I chopped and mixed all these up this morning and added some dill weed and cracked black pepper. I was a little nervous about the yogurt but this recipe turned out AMAZING! I am glad that I prepared enough to last two days. 
**Supper is somewhat progressive since I had a light lunch. I ate half of the chicken salad after class at 4:30. I will eat the rest of it before my night class starts I'm sure. 
10 baby carrots (1 green)
leftover banana parfait 
Sparking Cherry Limeade water

Post Workout Snack (as always)
Small apple (1 purple)

2 tsp natural peanut butter
cinnamon
20 pistachios (1 blue)
green tea

I am under my container limit again today. I did not use my orange container. I also had some protein and vegetable servings leftover. However, that is just according to my plan. If I am hungry when I get home I might have to have some more protein or veggies. 

Sadly I discovered that my Sparking flavored water is sweetened with Splenda. I haven't found anything about the requirements for sweeteners, but I have a feeling Splenda is not allowed. That being said, I'm going to try and find some flavors of Skinny Girl flavor mix for my water since it is made with Stevia. 

It's been a pretty uneventful day when it comes to being a grad student. Just waiting to go to my next class. That being said, I should probably start reading the DSM-V for tonight's lecture. 

There might not be any pictures of my food, but you can always count on some motivational images. I'll throw in a few extra today! 



21 days?? Pssh, I got this Ryan ;) 


Am I right, or am I right?


I really like those last two since they so closely correlate with my future profession. They're so entirely true though! We often times go to food for comfort or as a reward for ourselves, but that's not the purpose of food. Find something else that provides you a reward or comfort that doesn't negatively effect your health!

No comments:

Post a Comment