Sunday, January 11, 2015

Here goes everything...

Okay, here it goes... My first attempt at seriously losing weight and becoming a healthier version of myself. My main motivation is a very beautiful floor length lace gown in the closet. I have the great honor of standing next to one of my best friends when she marries her best friend on June 13, 2015. While looking good in a bridesmaid dress is goal #1, goal #2 is to finally feel comfortable with my body - something that hasn't happened for a very long time. Hopefully this nutrition and exercise plan will help me lose weight and feel more confident in my own skin. I am also hoping for the added benefits of more energy, less irritability and clearer skin.  Finally, my last motivator are three precious little girls. For those of you who know me well, you know I have three adorable nieces. Although they are adorable, their innocence and brutal honesty can sometimes be a tough realization especially when they say "Auntie Liz, why is your belly so big? Are you having a baby?" Thankfully, they are so cute I can laugh it off because I know that they are truly interested in knowing why BUT that is something I do not want them to ask again. Plus I want to be around for as long as possible to see those cuties grow up and be healthy enough to be the fun aunt!

In this blog, I hope to reflect on my experiences in order to stay motivated to continue this journey multiple times, over and over again, until I lose my desired amount of weight. The 21 Day Fix is designed so individuals can lose around 15 pounds in 3 weeks. It is through portion control and exercise. If you want to learn more about it, here is the website: http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/21-day-fix-simple-fitness-eating.do?e=347015 . I am still doing my research on the program, but I really like what I've read so far. I have begun to create my first week's meal plan. I bought a new lunch box and food storage containers to aid me in preparing healthy meals to-go since I will be working and going to classes during the week. The hardest part so far has been creating the meal plan so it makes sense with my busy schedule. I will post it for the first week once it is finalized. I will also try to post pictures of my meals so you all can get an idea of what healthy portions look like. 

For a person of my weight, I am allowed a certain amount of calories per day which translates to a certain number of containers per day. I am in the 1,800 - 2,099 calorie group which allows me to have:
5 Green containers (Vegetables)
3 Purple containers (Fruits)
5 Red containers (Protein)
4 Yellow Containers (Starches & Carbs)
1 Blue container (Cheese, Nuts, etc.)
1 Orange container (Oils & Seeds)
5 teaspoons (nut butters, olive oil, coconut oil, etc.)

Each day I will have a different work-out that I will complete. The DVDs came with the 21 Day Fix starter pack. It was around $75 for the containers, DVDs, informational booklets and Shakeology cup. I will not be completing the Shakeology portion that some 21-Day Fix users do due to price. I have never been much of a protein shake person anyway, so I think I will be okay. 

Well, I think that is all for now. This isn't going to be very formal because frankly I do not have time to be. That being said, if it is disjointed or contains grammatical or spelling errors, I apologize but that's not my main concern. I am hoping to post every few days with my progress. I am planning on starting the 21-Day Fix on MONDAY, JANUARY 19

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions... please leave them below!


My new lunch box!
Those are the 21-Day Fix containers. 
Sizes include: 2.5 T, 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup, 3/4 cup, 1 cup, 1 cup


This is the bridesmaid dress I will be wearing for Amy's wedding. It will be eggplant. Isn't it gorgeous? Hoping I can look that good by June!



No comments:

Post a Comment