Sunday, January 18, 2015

Tomorrow, tomorrow ... you're only a day away!

Tomorrow is the BIG DAY! Mom and I just got home from Bluffton where we bought groceries and had a delicious "last" meal. 


Chicken Chimichanga from El Camino!

I am fairly certain I got everything I needed off my list except I will probably have to make a trip to the grocery mid-week to get more produce. Ideally, Sunday afternoons/evenings will be spent at the grocery and prepping/cooking for the week. Since I spent the weekend in Cleveland having a fun time with my family, I will work on the prepping tomorrow since I do not have class due to MLK Jr. Day. However, the breakfast I have planned for tomorrow requires overnight prep. I found a recipe on Pinterest for overnight refrigerator oatmeal. The recipe can be found here. I used the ingredients in the picture below. I sprinkled my yogurt with some cinnamon for added flavor since spices are "free" food. To be honest, I'm a little nervous because once I added the 1/2 cup of water it looked like barf, haha!



My plan for tomorrow is to wake up around 7:45. I have to pick Mr. Coop up from the kennel at 8:00. Due to my frequent heartburn I take omeprozole every morning that I have to take 30 minutes prior to eating. Since tomorrow is the first day, I'm going to work out on an empty stomach and see how it goes. I will work out after picking up Cooper then prepare to spend a few hours in the kitchen figuring out recipes. I bought a new blender, measuring tape and cheese grater at Wal-Mart too that I'm excited about. The blender will be for my protein dips (ranch and PB) as well as my banana ice cream. The measuring tape will help me measure my progress, duh. And finally, the cheese grater will be used to make a delicious "salad." When I was in Copenhagen, my RA made an apple-carrot salad that was so simple and good. The recipe can be found here. It's not on my meal plan this week, but I'm hoping to add it next week! I've been waiting almost 2 years to buy a cheese grater so I could make it!

I'm really excited for this new adventure and I would love your feedback or encouragement! Texts, comments, Facebook messages, Snapchats, etc. throughout the day and throughout the 21 days will be greatly appreciated! I am not planning on posting every day, but I will definitely post tomorrow to show some portion sizes and reflect on the day.

Here's my motivational image for the day! I really liked this one because it's so true. Changing my eating and drinking habits is going to be HELLA HARD - a challenge - but it isn't possible if I'm not willing to change. I hope that you all can find some inspiration in this image for whatever challenge you're facing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment