Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Day 2

Holy moly! I knew these workouts wouldn't be easy - but DAMN. I did not expect to be sore ALL day. Last night's full body cardio was exactly that! The Upper Fix today focused solely on arms, but I was still engaging my booty, legs and ab muscles. While I didn't "enjoy" the workouts, I felt confident finishing them. Autumn (the instructor) says some pretty great things to keep me motivated. My favorite:

"You can do anything for 1 minute!" 

The format of the DVDs is pretty simple. 


Warm-up ~2 minutes
Round 1 ~15 minutes (usually has about 5-6 different exercises that you do for a minute, two times with a 20 second rest between each one)

Round 2 ~15 minutes (same as round one format-wise but new exercises are introduced)
Cooldown ~1-2 minutes

Here is my weekly schedule of workouts planned by the 21 day fix. I haven't decided if I am going to complete the double workouts during the final week yet for not. I also plan on switching to working out in the morning once my schedule gets a little more consistent. I have appointments in the morning tomorrow and Thursday so I didn't want to try and cram everything in and end up forgetting something (pack lunch, get dressed, workout, etc.)


As for my nutrition today, I pretty much followed my meal plan that I posted last week. There were some minor changes but I stayed within my container limits - including not even eating all the food. I am in search of some new recipes to use my veggies for. It's only Day 2 and I'm tired of eating them raw or as a salad. Water intake was higher today, but still not where it needs to be. I will continue to work on that. One way I will attempt to drink more water is to either set deadlines throughout the day or something similar. 

I'm still pretty motivated to keep at it, which is surprising to me because the last time I was this dedicated to fitness was when Zumba came to Warren for the first time when I was still in high school. I'm very nervous for tomorrow. It's my first day working at Kim's Katered Affair. Her food is just too good to pass up and unfortunately, I will have to until I can better grasp portion sizes and I inspect her recipes. ;) However, I am looking forward to donating some blood tomorrow afternoon. I like to donate as frequently as possible, but I haven't in a long time so I'm excited to save 3 lives!

Do any of you have some simple recipes for preparing vegetables? What keeps you all motivated? What are some of your goals? I've received so much love and support in the last few days and I've truly realized the importance of having accountability people! So thank you all and let's chat!


I really liked this inspiration today because Amy's wedding is going to happen in June whether or not I'm ready to wear my bridesmaids dress. Time doesn't stop for anyone, so no matter what you're doing or striving for do it for YOU and be HAPPY. 

Did I mention I'm going to be a therapist someday? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment