Friday, January 23, 2015

Day 5

Day 5 down, 16 to go!

I survived another day staring at sweet treats. Today was a little more tempting however. I am honestly really surprising myself. My self-control before the 21 day-fix was nonexistent. If I wanted something, I would eat it. I will probably never get rid of my sweet tooth, but hopefully in the future I can learn to eat sweets in moderation and find healthier recipes/alternatives. Speaking of sweets... I made my first batch of 21 Day approved sweet treats tonight. Banana Oatmeal Cookies. Two cookies count as a yellow container and I can have up to 3 of these sweet treats a week. Since I haven't felt a need to substitute in milk, juice or wine... I'll be eating these! It made 8 servings, but Deidre and mom tried one so I have 7 servings - just enough to last me through the fix. I wrapped them individually and froze them so I can thaw them when I need them.


One thing that I have noticed throughout the week is how little my stomach has been upset. For anyone that knows me, my stomach constantly gives me trouble. I've thought at times that I could be lactose intolerant or have IBS, but have never tried to isolate the problem. Pretty much everything I've been eating has been fresh or with little to no preservatives which I'm sure my body appreciates. I also am not over-eating which I'm sure is helpful too. I am nervous for tomorrow because it is pretty much my first "lazy" day since starting the fix. I have a lot of stuff to do around the house, which worries me since I'll have easy access to bad snacks, etc. I am hoping that my to-do list keeps me busy and distracted! 

Tonight's workout: Cardio Fix

Today's Motivation: 



No comments:

Post a Comment